1. KULLU: “The end of the habitable world”
Kullu in Himachal Pradesh is one of the most frequented tourist destinations. Often heard along with the name Manali, yet another famous tourist spot, Kullu is situated on the banks of Beas River. It was earlier called as Kulanthpitha, meaning ‘The end of the habitable world’. Awe-inspiring, right? Kullu valley is also known as the ‘Valley of Gods’. Here are some leading destinations in the magical land.
• Basheshwar Mahadev Temple • Sultanpur Palace • Parvati Valley • Raison • Raghunathji Temple • Bijli Mahadev Temple • Shoja • Karrain
• Bathad • Jagatsukh
2. MANALI: “Heaven on Earth”
Located at an altitude of 6726 feet,Manali offers splendid views of the snow-capped mountains. The land is not just a feast to your visual senses; it also offers you the chance to ascertain your fitness level with the sporting facilities here. Given below are some top destinations in Manali for you to enjoy and bring out the adventurer in you.
• River Beas • Rohtang Pass • Solang Valley • Jogini Waterfall • Beas Kund • Hadimba Temple • Jana Falls • Van Vihar National Park • Pin Valley National Park • Rahala Falls • Himvalley Manali
3. SHIMLA: “SUMMER CAPITAL OF INDIA”
The enchanting beauty of Shimla made British declare the land as their summer capital. The colonial influence is still evident in the city. The hill station offers spectacular views of the snow-capped Himalayan ranges. With lakes and rich greenery around, Shimla welcomes tourists round the year, of course, if you don’t mind the ‘below zero’ temperature in winter. Here are the leading destinations in Shimla.
• Jakhoo Hill • Simla State Museum • The Ridge • Summer Hill • Daranghati Sanctuary • Indian Institute of Advanced Study • Naldehra and Shaily Peak
• Chadwick Falls • Kufri • Christ Church • Annandale • Wild Flower Hall
4. CHAMBA: “The spectacular beauty”
The spectacular beauty of Chamba has made this place dear to nature lovers. Located on the banks of River Ravi and at an altitude of over 900 meters above sea level, Chamba makes an excellent holiday retreat. Here are some important destinations in Chamba.
• Khajjiar Lake • Chamera Lake • Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary • Bhuri Singh Museum • Rang Mahal • Maharaja’s Palace • Akhand Chandi Palace • Manimahesh Lake • Chamba Central Park • Church of Scotland
5. DHARAMSHALA: “The Scotland of India”
‘The Scotland of India’, as Dharamshala is famously referred to, has snow-clad mountains on three sides and valley on one side. The mountains being over 4000 m height, you can have an excellent view of them from every viewpoint. Pine trees and tree gardens along with snow covered mountains render magic to the air. Here are some top attractions in Dharamshala.
• Triund • Dal Lake • Dharamkot • Bhagsu Waterfall • Bhagsunag Temple • Masroor Rock Cut Temple • Church of St. John • Tea Garden
6. KANGRA: “One of the scenic valleys in Himachal Pradesh”
One of the scenic valleys in Himachal Pradesh, Kangra, is not just rich in nature but also in history and culture. It has a rich past, which could be gauged by the fact that its name is mentioned in the epic Mahabharata. This picturesque valley has some of the beautiful attractions to offer.
• Kangra Fort • Nadaun • MaharanaPratap Sagar Lake • Taragarh Palace • Gopalpur Nature Park • Nurpur • Nadaun • Indrahar Pass • Tatwani Hot Spring • Kareri Lake
7. KASAULI: “Situated at an altitude of 1927 meters”
Kasauli is situated at an altitude of 1927 meters and like a few other places in Himachal Pradesh, reflects the influence of colonial rule. The views from here are spectacular. The serenity of the place is enchanting. Here are some top attractions in Kasauli.
• Monkey Point • Sunset Point • Christ Church • Dagshai • St. Patrick’s Church • Gurkha Fort • Central Research Institute • The Mall • Timber Trail Resort
8. PARWANOO: “Surrounded by hills”
Parwanoo, surrounded by hills is yet another beautiful hill station in the land. The town, surrounded by lush greenery, lies near the border of Haryana and hence, it is a convenient location from where you could visit many tourist attractions nearby. Here are some of the tourist attractions in and around Parwanoo.
• Kalka • Pinjore • Mughal Gardens • Fruit Orchards • Gurudwara Nada Sahib • Cactus Garden • Timber Trail
9. SIRMAUR: “located on the south-eastern”
Sirmaur is located on the south-eastern part of the state. The district is famous for its peach, which is from Rajgarh region, famously called the Peach Bowl. Fossils aging 85 million years have been found here. Every one of the destinations here is important and interesting.
• Shivalik Fossil Park • Churdhar Peak • Renuka Wildlife Sanctuary • Mini Zoo • Nahan • Jaganath Temple • Trilokpur Temple • Daula Kuan
10. UNA: “At an elevation of 1210 feet”
At an elevation of 1210 feet, the hottest district in the state, Una, is referred to as the Gateway to Himalayas. The land seems an exception in Himachal Pradesh, where most of the cities are in the hilly region. If you intend to visit the place in summer, you need to have cotton clothes to make your stay comfortable. Here are the destinations in Una.
• Amb • Bharwain • Pong Dam • Gobind Sagar Lake • Kutlehar Forts • Bramhauti Temple • Chintpurni Temple • Bangana • Dera Baba Barbhag Singh
• Dhunsar Mahadev Temple